NAMI Suicide Prevention Training
Free Training for Young Adults Ages 18-25
Receive an Amazon Gift Card
Food and Beverages Provided
Dates: May 11th, 2018 from 8:30am - 4:30pm and May 12th, 2018 from 8:30am - 12:30pm
Location: Rhodes Hall, Keene State College
To register email or call Jane at firstname.lastname@example.org 603-354-5454 Ext. 2313
on Survey Monkey www.surveymonkey.com/r/WD9QJVS
What will I learn?
- How substance use, mental health, and suicide risk can impact individuals, families and community.
- Participants will recognize stigma and related barriers that hinder treatment and recovery
- Participants will become aware of community/state/national resources
- After the completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the warning signs for suicide risk in an individual & be able to connect that person to community resources
- Identify substance misuse issues in an individual and be able to talk openly with this person.
- Understand how mental health and substance misuse problems may contribute to greater suicide risk in an individual
- Have a greater awareness of local and national substance use and suicide risk resources that can be accessed by individuals in need of treatment and seeking recovery
YOU are a qualified Young Adult LEADER for the Connect Program if….
- You are comfortable with co-facilitation and presenting
- You are able to commit to at least one training per year
- You have a passion for the public health issues of substance misuse, mental health & suicide risk
- You are a role model for your peers